Why HCHC Offers an Online ThM Degree Program
By offering this degree online, HCHC expands its reach to prospective students and clergy who cannot pursue a degree on our Brookline campus.
The online ThM is a 24-credit-hour advanced master’s degree program designed to be completed full-time in one year or part-time. The Master of Theology (Th.M.) program is advanced, building on the first graduate-level theological degree. The program provides a scholarly concentration in a particular area of theology in the context of an Orthodox community. Students complete 18 credits of coursework and two required thesis courses (6 credits). The four primary areas of study in the Online ThM program include:
- Biblical (Old and New Testament);
- Historical (Church History and Patristics);
- Systematic (Dogmatics and Ethics); and
- Practical (Liturgics, Canon Law, and Pastoral Theology).
The ThM program is designed for those who ...
- wish to pursue studies at the doctoral level;
- desire to teach formally;
- need scholarly enhancement of their priestly or ministerial practice, or
- are interested in personal theological and spiritual enrichment.
While the program is particularly well-suited for Orthodox Christians, it welcomes all qualified applicants.