Why Holy Cross Offers an On-Campus ThM Degree Program
For those prospective students who can study at our campus just outside of Boston, Holy Cross delivers an advanced theological education within an Orthodox liturgical community. The program delivers its courses in classrooms and through directed studies with professors within an Orthodox community. Students can choose from a wide array of advanced theological courses, including courses through the Boston Theological Interreligious Consortium comprised of ten theological institutions of higher learning in the Boston area.
The ThM is a 24-credit-hour advanced master’s degree program designed to be completed full-time in one year. Students complete 18 credits of coursework and two required thesis courses (6 credits). The four primary areas of study in the Online ThM program include:
- Biblical (Old and New Testament);
- Historical (Church History and Patristics);
- Systematic (Dogmatics and Ethics); and
- Practical (Liturgics, Canon Law, and Pastoral Theology).
The ThM program is designed for those who ...
- wish to pursue studies at the doctoral level;
- desire to teach formally;
- need scholarly enhancement of their priestly or ministerial practice, or
- are interested in personal theological and spiritual enrichment.
While the program is particularly well-suited for Orthodox Christians, it welcomes all qualified applicants.